Monday 24 March 2014

Why Leadership?

I have always liked the topic of leadership and I have always wanted to do public speaking. I have always enjoyed speaking in church and doing class presentations. I figured this would be a great way to get my passion out there and help inspire people to become leaders themselves. I included public speaking into this topic because this is what I want to speak on stage about. Leadership. Encouraging others to become better and become Leaders themselves.

A short story.

I was at work when I met a nice young couple looking for a new computer for their home business. I, being a business owner myself, wanted to talk more about their businesses than computers. I find out they own a photography business. She takes photos of people, weddings and the like, he takes photos of trucks and does calendars. That's not what caught my attention. He mentioned that he also owns a business doing public speaking. That has been a passion of mine for a long time. I have been trying to find ways to do it more often and other than just at church. That's actually why I started my own business. I mentioned that this is a passion of mine and I would love to sit down for coffee sometime and talk about it. I asked if he had a card and he gave me his info. I told him I would call him within the week. I had 2 objectives:

1: introduce him to my business and,
2: talk about his public speaking venture.

We sit down for coffee at a local Tim Hortons and we start talking about what he does. Turns out he travels the world and speaks on stage motivating people to accomplish what they put their minds to. I loved it all. It is exactly what I want to do. I shared my business idea with him and it turns out he and his wife are doing a similar thing already. Before our coffee drinking session was over he gave me some advice:

1: have a blog.
2: what can you give for free?
3: create your own site with your own content
4: don't forget to give thanks to God.

So here I am at advice step #1, creating my own blog. He said this is a great way to get my ideas out there and inspire people to change the way they think without getting up on a stage. I wanted to start a blog for a whole now so I figured why not now? 

So if you are aspiring to become a great leader in your family, work, school, or church life this is a great blog to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment